Tuesday, June 5, 2007

On my way to becoming an "Isteri Mithali"

Remember my earlier post on diamonds? So you probably would have guessed that I am a real floozy (given my mis-adventures lately) chick who is shallow, and obsessed with diamonds...well, that still kinda sums me up.

Anyway, since Habs was having their mid-year sale (50% off storewide), yours truly was busy gallivanting to 3 different outlets in search of that elusive oval cut diamond ring (it was really that elusive!). Finally, tracked one down in BV, wic was the place where I first saw it...duhh!! So, we braved through the downpour on Sunday evening (2 kids+1 maid in tow), so that I can just "check" out the ring with no "outwardly" intention of buying.

DH actually liked the ring, but we agreed that even after the discount it was beyond our budget. So, he agreed that we can buy a round-cut diamond ring wic was more within our budget. I then reserved the ring with the intention to go back yesterday evening to pick it up. I was a very happy person, indeed!

Come yesterday, wic was a hard day at work and pretty much the thot of getting the ring kept me going, I went to BV again. But instead of picking up the ring I wanted, I got DH the Butang Baju Melayu that he saw and liked on Sunday. He definitely would never spend that much money on himself, and plus he needed to get his wife that ring kan?! So, I decided to surprise him with the BBM!


Awwww....isn't that sweet of me? I must say that this side of me very rarely comes out. But you know, I may not write much about DH, but he is really an awfully sweet guy (when he is not trying to "spin" stuff on you - he is one master "spinner"!), and I do love him to bits...again I don't say or show it often enough. So, he was extremely surprised when he saw the long jewelry box, instead of a small ring box (probably thinking what the f*%# she's gone and bought now?!), but the look on his face was priceless! He did say the usual crap la about I shouldn't have to spend that much, etc., but I knew he was thrilled!

So, all in all, I may not have gotten me the ring, but I sure did earn lotsa points, not only am I on the way of getting the ring again later on...and may be even the oval-cut one, but got me some cash for savings, points on being a good wifey, and made my DH a happy man and glad that he married me! Muahahaha!
DH's BBM Up-close - white swasa (7k gold wic Muslim Man can wear), with single a diamond surrounded by turquoise and smaller diamonds.

11 comments:

IggySingh said...

your DH is top notch lahh NY :) and i know deep down you are this person...
haha, from that fable... cutting off your plaits to buy that chain for his pocket watch... sigh.

very nice butang btw.

My So-Called Life said...

hmmm...may be that fable isn't too far from my time. It's beginning to sound familiar now that you mentioned about the plaits.

Damn...I am old too!! :-P

MRSHUSiN said...

hmmm... my dad got him a diamond set of butang baju melayu... so i was wondering, can i actually pester dh to get moi a diamond ring?

on the other hand, no need lah. unlike u, i'm not a diamond ring/jewellery gal, i prefer handbags.

oooooh.... anniversary coming up, mebbe should hint tt to him.
salams to ashran ya?
take care!

My So-Called Life said...

ya...your first! congrats! You know I've know H for years, and to see how he dotes on you is just amazing...never realized that side of him!

So, yes do hint to him on the handbags...given the travel and time spent away from you, you do deserve it!

You know I'm into everything (bags, shoes, watch, jewelry, etc.), I just need to prioritize if not mampus Ash, and I'll end up with nothing...hahaha!

IggySingh said...

old too???! kepala otak! (only curse i know in BM, sorry!) i'd like to think we were brought up with the right reading for kiddies ;p

eh, NEW BLOG LOOK... verry nice. much friendlier and the words and pix stand out more! good choice NY. hugs!

My So-Called Life said...

ya...just got bored with the black, but man, it was tough choosing one that i liked!

even tried a bright pink one which probably suits you more, but i think the blog is ig's more than yours tho...

IggySingh said...

this coror is just right :) very sweet, and refreshing.

yar, the blog i keep is Iggy's and focused on educating those that want to learn about Igs. i hope to start writing short children stories when i get my head around it.. so please do keep supporting the blog. hugs.

KetchupMissy said...

memang sesuai ko kawin ngan oghang utarha. ko pun dah pandai putar belit alam!!

aku jugak yang tak tau nak appreciate demon. id rather get macbook or new camera lenses. giler ke hape???

My So-Called Life said...

like I told Izan la...aku kena prioritize. Besides Ash will be getting those Mac and camera shits on his own...why should I use my entitlement for that?

Aku mmg kena-la jadi menantu mak mentua aku. Syiok going jewelry shopping with her, and she's set the precedent for me :-)

Leilanie said...

When I was young, diamonds don't dazzle me.....

But now.... you and I have something in common, girl !

:)

My So-Called Life said...

ya to some extend it's very true i don't remember me liking diamonds, but i do remember liking jewelry. Raya time was really fun when my mom took out the jewelry for us to wear. Even at that age I had a penchant for rings :-)