Saturday, June 9, 2007

OCD



I so definitely am on my way of having OCD! I was a woman on a mission today. After having my head in the clouds with Jane Austen the past week, not only repeatedly watching P2 and reading P2 at the same time, I've now decided to build a collection of my favorite Jane Austen's movies, or movies of her novels. I am in the process of downloading P2 with Keira Knightly, as well as Emma. And it will take me a good couple of weeks to have everything downloaded! I've also gone and placed an order for Sense&Sensibility (S2), the one with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant!

So, the whole day I spent, in between servicing my car, going to Borders, Times, to search for S2 but there are no copies in the market. I was guided to Victoria Music Station in BSC coz Borders people (in BTS ok!) said Victoria can order for me. But no such luck! But while browsing there I was reminded how cool Victoria is. I used to frequent them during secondary school. They have such range of music! So, got me Pharos and Linkin Park, whose music is complete the opposite of each other. From Victoria I was guided to Fox Video wic, thank God, it was still in BSC! So, finally, luck was on my side! They actually help order DVDs for customers! So, I ordered S2, along with North&South, not the one with Patric Swayze, but a BBC mini-series based on Elizabeth Gaskell's , who was contemporaries with Charlotte Bronte, novel, and of course Jane Eyre, which stars Toby Stephens (the baddie in the Die Another Day).

So, I've now become completely obsessive with the classics! This is what happens when I get so absorbed into something. So, most definitely all these would cost me all the way up to the few hundreds! But I am so the very happy if I can get all these orders in! Fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Leilanie said...

I once got gila with Julia Roberts that I started to buy almost all the movies she acted in.....

The best, till today, I think, are Stepmom and My Best Friend's Wedding.

err..... Patric Swayze does take me down memory lane, with Dirty Dancing........ hee hee hee

My So-Called Life said...

I really like MBFW, and wasn't Rupert Everett just yummylicious! Lately, I am just noticing how yummy the Brit actors are...Jude Law in the Holiday just makes you wanna cry, Orlando Bloom in the final scenes of Pirates makes you wanna die with me, sigh...those brooding and pained looks! Siiiiggghhhh...