Monday, May 28, 2007

Something on my mind

Just needed to get this off my mind before I start work...yea right! Like I ever start doing work, kan?

Anyways, my MIL's maid ran away last Thursday night, and it just so happened that me and family were staying over then. So, when we found out (at least me and the kids, the rest knew that night itself) in the morning, Izz was quite upset about the maid running away. Not that he was especially close to her, but he was just confused coz he was hearing the discussion about her running away and stealing stuff from the house. Just before this the driver also quit over night, but not before stealing stuff as well. So, being 5, how do I explain to him why people do bad things?

Like this morning he asked me when Kak Ida (the runaway maid) is coming back, and I had to explain that when people ran away they don't come back coz they did something bad. I also had to explain why these people, who were close to us, stole stuff. Sigh...so very the difficult. When he watches CSI, etc. (yes I do let him watch CSI, but with certain reasons and logic wic I shall not explore...suffice to say he is well-balanced with Disney and AXN), I can easilly explain what happens and at the end of the day it's just acting. But when it's real life, and it's closer to home, how do I explain?

But it's interesting to see how a child's mind work, and whatever we do explain do sink it as I can see him relate it to different scenarios, or I hear him telling it like a story to other people. And he is not "judging", he just accepts the explanation. Let's hope our maid continues to do the good job she is doing (I am very well behaved with this maid - no yelling/scolding, etc.), and she doesn't disappoint him like these other people have.

BTW - I've been tagged by Lara. But will get to that later as I need to empty my bag...:p. Woo hoo more excuses not to do work!

4 comments:

Rajes said...

Nina, am shocked to hear that your MIL's maid ran away! She was like the role model of all maids and treated quite well.I suppose little people surprise you right.Thank God you got your maid before she ran away or you'll be so stuck now!

Well, I'm about to get mine real soon, am not sure what to expect....wish me luck!

Hey, I've finally posted a comment on your blog! :)

My So-Called Life said...

wow, now you are on your way to having your own...may be a baby-blog as we traverse the role of a new mom? Think about it ;)

The maid that ran away was actually the younger one. The one that has been with the family for ages is away on 1-month vacation. But still, even this new maid she was treated well coz my in-laws are nice folks (better than me when it comes to maids!)

But be wary...this girl as we are discovering now (1 new discovery a day) was wearing a "tangkal" (a charm) that suppose to make people around her not to suspect anything/think all good things abt her.

It's bad to be played out this way...but what can we do? Just pray and hope for the best la.

Rajes said...

Oh, so it was the replacement that ran away. Well, all these new young ones are scary man especially with the jampi-jampi part.

As for the baby-blog, I have been thinking hard about it but not sure of I'll have the time to fill it in lah.But am determined to start one sometime soon, when soon is I'm not sure lah. Thought it'll be a nice momento for my little girl to continue when she's old enough but all this angan-angan, lets see if it materialises!

I'm so swamped between planning the reno for my new home and preparing for baby, can you believe it, I'll be 7 months in a couple of weeks! Wow,time flies!

My So-Called Life said...

wow...7 months! Hope you have fun renovating your house. The best thing you can actually plan for a really cool nursery for the baby!!

Just don't overdo yourself soo much, you tend to tire easily come your final trimester!