Friday, May 4, 2007

Family Break


End of last month we took the kids to Kuantan on OUR OWN!! We always had my parents whenever we went on holidays to help cover with the kids. But this time they were on to us, and cleverly kept quiet when I told them we were gonna take the kids away to Kuantan. Guess they learned their lesson...I even tried to get Izz to convince his Mak Tok...but nope, she didn't fall for it!

Anyways, it still ended up being a good break...exhausting for the parents, but seeing the kids having a blast really made up for the exhaustion...or could it be the ring and pendant I got when we detoured to Habib Ampang...hmmm...

It took us 1 day to kinda recover from the shock of having to fully care and feed the kids on our own coz the first night when the kids went to bed at 9, so did we! But our second night was good...we spent it hanging out on the patio, and we just talked for a couple of hours! This is what I've been telling DH...we may not get to go for the romantic holidays just two of us (not that we did that often before we had kids), but it's just that our lives now have evolved, and we need to adjust to that life. We chose it so we need to make it work. There is really no point in comparing what we had vs. what we have...we'll always be disappointed, kan!? It's all about managing expectations.

I guess it also helped that we are not like the typical couple that go away on our own all the time. I think the only time we went away the two of us was for our honeymoon. Other times we went away with his family or my family. I've always preferred holidaying with people as opposed just the two of us....more fun that way. Think he agrees with me, but makes a big deal about no personal time just to test me :-P

But he knew what I was like when he married me...I am not one for romance, etc. Kan aku ni minah kering! Anyways, we've had our trial, and if I may say so myself, we passed brilliantly! So in Sept, we may do a short break in Genting, and next year hopefully BALI, baby!!

No comments: