Thursday, July 26, 2007

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

This just made my day!! Today starts the Bank's bi-annual booksale...what this really is that MPH, Borders and Popular will offer staff 15% disc on most books and games, and on top the Bank will subsidize an additional 25% disc, which means staff will end up getting 40% disc ( or a max RM100)! You can either go to the stores itself, or go and buy when they set up shop at the Bank's premises, which is today and tomorrow.

So, here I was thinking there won't be anything interesting to buy until what do I see on the shelves if not the last Harry Potter books...that people have been q-ing up/booking/waking at the crack of dawn/booksellers boycott, etc. for!! So, how can I not resist buying the book myself, even tho I am not a Potter fan, never read any of the books, and may be not even read this book! Because it is selling for less than the market price even after discounts...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


The good shall come to those who don't care or who waits...HAHAHAHA!

Hmmm...let's start on the book...may be I will learn to like it or at least see what's the fuss all about. Whatever comes out of it, I can always tell all the people out there that I got the book for less than RM69.90 wic was harga Tesco, etc.(tak payahlah tanya berapa less, janji less)...nyenyenyeee...

I LAP you BANK!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny I was thinking of buying the book too. And I have NEVER read any of the earlier series. I was so fed up coz I couldn't get the answer when I googled "did Harry Potter die?" I expected some answers after Saturday! Maybe I should just go To Tesco and grab the book and flip at the back page! I have many other books in line for me to buy!

My So-Called Life said...

hahaha...i heard there were still some left in Tesco mutiara but dunno if now still ada. I had my friend tell me the ending. I bought pun because geli...and it's the last...may be can sell as a profit? ;-P

Rajes said...

Damn! And I paid a freakin RM90 for the book and was proud when the tag on the book said 'get a 20% discount when u purchase the book with any other purchases in the store'. So, I bought a RM1.50 Elephant glue and paid RM90 for the book (after the discount that is) Sigh.. but tak pa, I'm a hardcore Harry Potter fan but didn't bother fighting or quieing though, don't know what the fuss was when I happenned to be shopping at the Curve and noticed that Borders had so many books and no queue at all! But in order to understand the book, you might need to read the entire series. You maybe a bit lost lah if you don't. I'm such a slow reader that I'm only halfway through but an exciting read though! Enjoy!

larawannabe said...

meh. u dont know half the fun of it -- the mad rush excitement to get the book first, the party, the special presentation thingies that the bookstore prepares for u, the extra goodies, et al. and then to rush home and read chapter per chapter and at the same time discuss it over the forum together with other like minded people. sigh. it's all worth it. altho this time round, i rasa the book shouldnt hv cost THAT much lah :p its a rip off secara over!

amreeth said...

can i spoil it azizah?? HP LIVES! (sorry Rajes)

blast ;( that screws up the Dark Lord connection bit.

you are evil NY :) and that's y i lap you too! muahhahhaaahhaahhaa! and you didn't post your most important theory.. that JK writing for the screen audience! that is a new wave of thinking sista. put it out there!

My So-Called Life said...

ya...i have already a website to help me get through the characters. if not pun I just wait for the half-blood prince movie, and then read the book. Coz I just follow the movies :-)

When QUE PASA told me about the ending and the story...it all hit me JKR is writing for the movie fans! She really betrayed all you readers. I so could follow the why she did what she did because all that has been clued in all the movies!

See what money does to you! Sell-out la kan...when it's all the readers that got her to where she is :-P

Unknown said...

Nina,

I can imagine you laughed like "You-Know-Who"! You evil one!