Monday, February 26, 2007

What's My Direction?



I just had my personal Feng Shui "advisor" did my calculations. Generally I am facing all my good directions. That is until I get my own compass to really make sure my directions are right!

Now the question is do I really believe in all this? Some also may argue that this is very against the whole concept of qada'+qadar and it is un-Islamic. Actually, in Islam there are elements of feng shui to some extend. Of course it is not related to the sun and moon, etc. like conventional feng shui. I sat in a talk by an "Islam-based" motivator speaker, who spoke to us about directions, and colors, that are good or will help us etc. At the end of the day, to me, all these things are just to be seen as enhancers.

You never know what can influence your aura, and inner energy. If you take prayers - besides connecting with Allah, remembering Him, giving yourself to Him, prayers serve as way to get inner peace. So, I do believe things, both tangible and intangible, affects your innerself. Therefore, things like feng shui, etc. are just ways for you to balance your environment. It is no way should be in place of your prayers, and for you to leave your fate fully on the directions of the moons, flying stars, etc.

Everything is in moderation. It goes back to how you balance your beliefs, and these "extra" enhancers. I may be facing directions that will enhance my wealth, health, growth or love, and may pray for all the good things to happen...But if it doesn't happen, then I know I've tried my best, but Allah has bigger plans that I have yet to be clued in. So, this is where my faith comes in, and I accept what is meant for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you completely. At times, things were very hard and difficult for us, however, with faith and perseverance, and always think positively that there's a bigger reason for all those hurdles, I think the worst is hopefully over. Finally, we've get to be like a normal married couple, after almost 2 years of marriage, :). Here's to the end of being a part-time, only weekend wife!!!

amai

My So-Called Life said...

Hahaha! Yes welcome to the wonderful (?) world for a full time wife. Be prepared for the adjustment challenges, but InsyaAllah all will be well. BTW, look at the video in the blog. You will see Rayhan's acting debut!

Unknown said...

yeah!! Rayhan's so natural with the camera. Does he have any idea that he's being filmed? That's so cute. Oh yes..plenty of adjustment, now that we'll be together 24/7. I think we'll start with a 2 bedroom apt--so that we have our own space..:)
amai

KetchupMissy said...

blady hell!!!

for some odd reason, i can't seem to publish any posts from malaysia. aku tulis panjang2 and when i press "publish"... haram satu benda pun tak keluar!!

aku tensen!!!