Friday, January 26, 2007

Jodoh, oh Jodoh!


My dear Ketchupmissy brought up an interesting thing when she shared her "Moo Theory." This thing has been in my head for awhile now, and guess what, it is now a pet-peeve of mine!
Why is that whenever there is a case with infidelity (both men and women - I don't want to be blamed to be sexist, but to be honest when you look who cheats more often...well tanya diri sendiri la ok). Anyways, back to my point, when suddenly your man wants to take on a 2nd wife...it is so easy for them to cry JODOH??!! When in fact in the past whenever things fail or go well they never give credit to fate, to God's will, etc. I dunno, I just feel that Jodoh has become an easy way out for people to justify their infidelities.
And when they go down this JODOH path, they take this holier than thou or humble attitude of "how can I fight against the will of Allah?"...so easy to say...it pisses the hell out of me! To me it's just downright pure crap!
I do believe in jodoh, but I also believe that Allah tests people in the ways that they don't expect, and He expects you to prove yourself, and fight for what is right, and go to Him for guidance and support. To me if you suddenly have the temptation to stray, you need to evaluate why you need to stray, what you will potentially lose, who you will hurt, and you then decide what your next step will be...if you decide you don't want to do it, you work hard, you pray hard that Allah strengthen your existing relationship. Do whatever it takes...
I hate it that someone who never thinks of Allah in the past, but when it comes to taking the 2nd-4th wives, suddenly they remember about Allah and religion. I can just see it when DK was talking about his marriage to Siti...nak muntah darah aku! But this tirade is not against him personally, but it is against all those cheating husbands religious or not!
At the end of the day, God does not dictate what you do...that's why He gave us a brain to think what is right, and what is not - so don't we owe it to Him to use it? Duh!
We need to take accountability for our actions, and not just keep passing the buck, and making religion the scapegoat for our own weaknesses and faults.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah..tell me about it!! I think the jodoh thing is SOOOOOOO overated. It's like the 'magic' word that everyone uses to justify things like this.

I think these things go both ways. Kalau tepuk sebelah tangan..sure tak menjadi punya. I'm sure we girls at one point or another have been in situation where the 'married' ones gatal nak ngorat--so it is up to you, whether to say 'ay' or 'nay'. If you say 'ay', then own up to it--just saying 'apa nak buat, dah jodoh'--just a bit too lame.

In the end, we can only control the outcomes of our own action. :)