Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Closing this chapter

Someone commented on something I wrote so long ago that I started to scroll through all the things that I've written in the last couple of years. It's been an amazing journey in the last 2 years. I went into 2 news jobs, bought a new house had a nightmare renovating it (still having some nightmares but not so bad), took vacations, had many indulgences in between esp in the handbag and jewelry categories (who knew I really liked these things!), went back to the States after 10 years, quit twice, travelled elsewhere in between, and soon taking a weekend trip without kids for the first time, be it to Singapore, but that's a first step, and a family trip to Gold Coast...woo hoo!!!

Come December I'll do what I do best start a new job...I am such a whore..hahaha!!! I keep on jumping to who will pay me more! As long as I am wanted right?? Well, it's more complicated than that. I did like the Bank, in fact I did try to see if I could go back sometime middle of this year. This current job of mine is the first job that I actually quit twice which says a lot about the firm I suppose. This 2nd time is a firm quit since I am going into something that I've been wanting to do for the longest time...whether it's the right choice we'll see. I am hoping this new place will make an honest woman of me.

The funny thing is that whenever my career isn't going well I always start toying about going into Academia...I think that is really what I want to do in the end, but just never have the chance to. I guess that will never be in my path. Anyway, we'll see how this new job will be. Whatever it is if I quit this job it'll be for good. I've given DH a year before I stay at home full time with the kids.

So to new beginnings, and new hope...

No comments: